How to do business in Japan?
- 09:30 - 13:30
- Tehnopol event
Tehnopol Startup Incubator, Mäealuse 2/1, UK Lounge
Are you interested in Japanese market?
In Japan etiquette is everything and Anna Kalmi from EU – Japan Centre will introduce and give useful insights on Japanese business etiquette, culture, claim management and in general will tackle any issues or concerns companies may have when dealing with Japan. Workshop is created for SME-s that are interested in doing business in Japan or are already doing so.
Workshop consists of lectures, demonstrations, exercises and discussions of how to handle challenging situations and negotiations.
Examples of topics:
- B2B marketing and B2C marketing in Japan – how companies make impacts to their customers in Japan, preferred methods
- Seniority system and typical organization chart in Japanese corporations
- Negotiation process in Japan – recommendations on how to proceed afterwards in business negotiations with Japanese partner candidates
- Marketing and sales arrangement in Japan – logistics and distribution channels related differences between Japan and Europe/US
- Business dining in Japan– basic rules and advices
- And everything else you need to know
Anna Kalmi in born and raised in Yokohama and has more than 20 years of business development experiences in the Japanese market and thorough understanding on the expectations of the Japanese companies for the cooperation with Europeans. She is an expert on business culture, introductions and negotiation process support between Japanese and European companies and has also experience with both life sciences and ICT industries.