The Top 7 Technology Trends for 2018
It is that time of the year again and 2017 is over before we knew it. The Year of Intelligence brought us a lot of progress and change from over-hyped ICO’s to algorithms that created secret languages, says an article at Datafloq, the big data platform that connects stakeholders of the big data market.
One thing that we can state is that we are on our way to enter the 4th Industrial Revolution. Many of the technologies that have been promised for decades are constantly improving and are now reaching a point of maturity. Once that happens, it will radically change our societies, how we work and how we live. However, we are not there yet.
Although technological developments are accelerating, they have not yet reached the state of full maturity and adoption to cause a paradigm shift in our societies. Nevertheless, it is safe to say we have left behind the Information Revolution of the 1970s, which we have known for so long. Today, information technology is capable of so many great things. However, we are not yet ready to fully enter the 4th Industrial Revolution. That is why I would like to call 2018 the Year of Transition. Let’s have a look at the seven technology trends that will dominate 2018:
1. Artificial Intelligence Will Take a Leap Forward, without Human Data
2. Blockchain Will Mature and the ICO Hype Will Slow Down due to Regulation
3. Our Privacy Continues to Be Threatened, but a Solution is Coming
4. A New Approach to Data Ownership is on the Horizon
5. Edge Computing Enables Intelligent Networks
6. A Quantum Computing Arms Race Will Lead to First Results
7. Prescriptive Analytics Will Start to Deliver on its Promises
Read the full article at https://datafloq.com/read/the-top-7-technology-trends-for-2018/4085