Supporting refugee women in starting their entrepreneurial journey
This year, a new project BSI_4Women was launched, the aim of which is to support female refugees to actively involve them in society again by supporting them starting a business. While refugees often receive social assistance, the goal of the BSI_4Women project is to map opportunities to provide refugees with professional, long-term business-oriented assistance.
7 partners work together in the project:
- Rzeszow Regional Development Agency (Poland) – lead partner,
- Tehnopol Science and Business Campus,
- More and Romsdal County Council (Norway),
- Business Hub Central Denmark (Denmark),
- Kaunas Science and Technology Park (Lithuania),
- Foundation “Ventspils High Technology Park” (Latvia),
- Dalarna Science Park (Sweden).
The first meeting between the partners took place at the end of April, where we got to hear the experiences of the Danish partners, discussed what are the next steps and what are the best ways to reach interested parties (refugees, organisations supporting refugees and organisations supporting entrepreneurship).
The BSI_4Women project is financed by the Interreg Baltic Sea Region program 2021-2027.