Tehnopol x EstBAN Demoday brings together unicorns (to be) and investors
Last Thursday, Tehnopol and EstBAN invited start-ups and investors to jazz bar Philly Joe’s in Tallinn city centre for a pitching session and networking. The event was a huge success and we got to know some of our start-ups a little better.
It was amazing to see how start-ups from Tehnopol Startup Incubator had built their business pitches from scratch. Six strong business ideas were presented during the Demoday which was organized together with Estonian Business Angels Network EstBAN last night at Philly Joe’s Tallinn jazz bar.
To get the event started, Alvar Lumberg from Grünfin spoke about Grünfin’s vision and future plans. Grünfin is a sustainable investing platform for people who care about their impact.
Next, six start-ups pitched their ideas:
- HeyHorsy – Platform for buying and selling used equestrian gear
- Litegrav.AI – Developing a new generation of modular microgravity simulators
- Bide – Innovative B2B shopping platform that enables you to shop, manage your purchases, bills and communication all in one place
- Tikker – A ticket marketplace, where users can resell tickets to the events where they themselves can’t go to and buy last minute tickets
- Fairmus – Streaming music can be a fair trade. With fairmus, artists can actually get paid fairly and transparently for their creative work
- Skillus – A real-time mobile marketplace that matches independent service providers with local demand
The event brought together more than 90 people online and on the spot, around 70 of them were investors.
Stay tuned, good investment opportunities are yet to come!
Photos: Brait Pilvik