What is hackathon?
The word “hackathon” comes from the words “hack” and “marathon”, where “hack” is used in the sense of exploratory programming, not its alternative meaning as a reference to computer security. Hackathons became popular in the mid to late 2000s when companies and venture capitalists started to use it as a quick way to develop new software technologies and to locate new areas for innovation and funding. Today we use hackathons to solve any kind of problem.
Hackathons typically start with one or more presentations about the event of problem that needs to be solved. Then participants suggest ideas and form teams, based on individual interests and skills. Then the main work of the hackathon begins, which can last anywhere from several hours to several days. At the end of hackathons, there is usually a series of demonstrations in which each group presents their results.
Hackathon is your chance to innovate and solve real problems in a creative way. You don’t need to be a hacker and you don´t have to know how to code to take part of a hackathon. But you do need to be passionate and curios. Hackathon is a startup style event to find innovative solutions for different problems. It can also be a first step of your own startup career. Present your idea, form a team or join the one you like the most, hack the brain and prototype.
Here are 7 Reasons to attend Digital Innovation Days Hackathon –
- You are passionate about solving some problem, so are we. Come and join likeminded people to find innovative solutions.
- You have always believed that a hackathon is just for hackers and coding skills are mandatory? Guess again. We need business experts, designers, marketers and people with all sorts of other expertise.
- Top-notch mentors are at hand and ready to dive in if you need advice.
- This is your chance to take a sneak peek into startup world. Is it just a buzz or is there something?
- You have a real possibility to build a working prototype. Kind of cool if it´s your first ever.
- Come and see how unbelievably easy it is to find real customers, investors, teammates or others.
- Feel the amazing energy during the event – you can accomplish incredible things within very limited timeframe.
Take a moment to innovate! Come and take part of a hackathon to try agile developing like a startup. Open for everyone, no coding skills needed!