How to increase your company’s potential and achieve success in international procurements?
Is your company ready for new opportunities and eager to participate in tenders organized by international organizations? Tehnopol Science and Business Park invites companies to join the INGO project, aimed at helping small and medium-sized enterprises discover new collaboration opportunities with international non-governmental organizations and intergovernmental organizations (such as the UN, Red Cross, IMF, CERN, Asian Development Bank, etc.). In February, there is an opportunity to take part in a business visit to Geneva as part of the project.
What does the INGO project offer?
- Information on procurement processes and open calls for tenders.
- Guidance and informational events for successful collaboration with international organizations.
- Connecting SMEs with international non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations.
- Support from experts and mentors to facilitate the formation of consortia among SMEs to offer joint solutions in tenders.
- Networking with companies from Estonia, Finland, Latvia, and Sweden.
- Business visits to international organizations (partially covered by the project).
- Sharing best practices, learning from each other, and participating in the cross-border community of SMEs.
To join the project, fill out the application here.
When completing the application to join the INGO project, you can also express your interest in participating in a business visit to Geneva, Switzerland, scheduled for February 5-7, 2024. The business visit includes organization visits, a seminar on UN procurement processes conducted by The Common Procurement Activities Group (CPAG), and one-on-one meetings with UN organizations. All activities during the business visit will be conducted in English.
Approximate schedule for the Geneva visit:
- Day 1
Arrival in Geneva
Visit to a UN organization (TBC)
- Day 2
Seminar on UN procurement and introduction to UN organizations
Presentations from UN organizations and one-on-one meetings with participating companies
The Common Procurement Activities Group (CPAG)
International Labour Organization (ILO)
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG)
- Day 3
Visit to the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) (TBC)
Conditions for participating in the business visit:
- Your company is based in Estonia.
- You have a clear motivation to participate in the business visit and an interest in participating in future UN tenders, including specific tenders from UN organizations (ILO; WMO; WIPO; UNOG; CERN, etc.).
- You have a product or service ready for participation in tenders.
- Your company has an English-language website.
- Your company has no tax debt.
The deadline for applying for the business visit is December 18, 2023. Online meetings will be scheduled with all interested companies to clarify motivation and interest in participating in the visit. Selection results will be communicated within three weeks.
Financial support and Interreg Central Baltic program
For the representative of the company participating in the business visit, accommodation (2 nights) and catering during the daily program (lunch on days 2 and 3, evening reception) will be covered within the INGO project. Participants are responsible for covering their travel expenses to the destination and other associated costs.
You can join the INGO project at any time until the project’s completion in September 2026.