Newly established start-ups need accelerated growth to succeed. Accelerated international growth is difficult for start-ups since they lack networks, contacts, resources and skills.
With NOCCA – Novel Opportinities for new Company Creation and Accelerated growth – a new innovation curriculum will be jointly developed and implemented in Helsinki, Tallinn and Riga comprising of three consecutive multidisciplinary and intergenerational hackathons and idea camps that mix students from the participating countries and organizations with the purpose of creating new cross-border companies and further engaging the innovation ecosystem further.
- 850 students are exposed to entrepreneurship and challenges in the silver, green and blue economies;
- 6 new cross-border companies with global potential will be created;
- 15 existing early stage startups are supported within the program;
- 6 joint demodays for ecosystem partners are organised during the program;
- 6 joint hackathon challenges are cocreated with ecosystem partners;
- Concrete roadmap with responsibilities and annual schedules for ecosystem engagement is created.
Partners: Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Foundation Tallinna Teaduspark Tehnopol, Stockholm School of Economics in Riga, and Mektory
Funding: Interreg Central Baltic
NOCCA project is running from 1.04.2019 to 30.06.2021. It is financed by the European Regional Development Fund (Central Baltic Interreg Programme 2014-2020).