Talsinki Hack: Hack the commute and cross-border business!
Finno-Ugric language app? Hyperloop between Tallinn and Helsinki? Board game “Cards against Estonians”? Talsicoin? Subscription model for boat rides between two capitals? App for making national anthems modern or different? Educational lectures during boat rides?
Create solutions for people travelling between Tallinn and Helsinki on a weekly basis. Come up with new innovative services and solutions that make the commute smoother, shorter, and more comfortable. You can extend your imagination beyond commuters and think about how to make cross-border business more effective and comfortable for employees and employers working in these two cities.
Got an idea? Perhaps it’s even you whose travels need to get hacked.. Sign up now! There is no registration fee and up to 200€ of travel expenses per team (2 or more persons) will be compensated. In addition to all the fun and trouble you will have – and there will be plenty of that – best teams will also receive prizes. If you are one of the few people who likes cold hard cash, no worries, the best team will get 3000€.
Register your team by the 1st of May HERE.
Solution domains we appreciate
In principle you are given a clean slate and you can come up with anything you please. However, if you are looking for some direction, here are some solution domains:
- Commuter journey and customer experience: Make commuter experience as pleasant as you can!
- Make the commute green: e.g. infrastructure environmental monitoring.
- Logistics and efficiency: Make your journey as less time and effort consuming as possible.
- Build community: Think of ways to create and foster cross-border community.
- Open new business in Estonia/Finland – how to lower barrier of start business in a new market.
- 3000€ – best team will receive 3000€ in cash.
- 6 months of Tehnopol incubation program – the top team is rewarded access to the 6 month Tehnopol incubation program worth 10,000 euros. This includes co-working space, events, and mentoring.
- The winning team will have the opportunity to pitch their project at the Arctic15 business event in Helsinki in front of international media and investors.
- Tickets to the Latitude59 – the flagship startup and tech conference of e-Estonia – No. 2 and No. 3 teams will get tickets to the Latitude59.